i11.dk
8. September 2024
Forum » Rust Servers » EU|DK Vanilla
Phantom (Griefer)

Print Thread

Phantom (Griefer)
Posted by Lynild, 12/6-2024 12:53 (#1)

Hejsa

En gut der hedder "Phantom" har griefet min base, han har griefet en del på serveren det her wipe....
Han har fuuldstændigt blokerede min adgang ud/ind af basen, Basen er ved P23.

Jeg har selv forsøgt at skrive til ham, men han svarer ikke

billeder der tydeligt viser problemet....
https://ibb.co/rfvQ8md
https://ibb.co/dGFcHv7
https://ibb.co/0BRpJ3F
Lynild

RE: Phantom (Griefer)
Posted by cookier, 19/6-2024 12:15 (#2)

I (like many) came to this server to play quietly without people. There are many resources, few players. But there are people, Umpalumpa, Phantom and others, who deliberately spoil the game. They deliberately destroy houses where there is no loot, blow up things, and make griffs. Is this some kind of mental illness? I'll probably look for another server to play on next month. It’s a pity, of course, I know and respect many people on EU|DK.
cookier

Posted by admin, 20/6-2024 09:55 (#3)

Phantom is banned from our servers because of griefing. I haven't seen any complaints about the other guy.
admin

Super Admin

admin@EU|DK

Posted by cookier, 20/6-2024 17:16 (#4)

and this is because when they spoil houses, they try not to kill the sleeping player, so that it is difficult to identify the enemy.
cookier

Posted by PRZ, 22/6-2024 09:20 (#5)

cookier wrote:
I (like many) came to this server to play quietly without people. There are many resources, few players. But there are people, Umpalumpa, Phantom and others, who deliberately spoil the game. They deliberately destroy houses where there is no loot, blow up things, and make griffs. Is this some kind of mental illness? I'll probably look for another server to play on next month. It’s a pity, of course, I know and respect many people on EU|DK.

Im sorry, but this is akin to slander. I raided with Umpa, and we did not grief.
Saying: ''They destroy houses where there is no loot," is rather meaningless as one can not see from the outside whether or not there is loot. In my 9000 hours i raided 2x1s where i found rows of rockets, and clan bases that barely had a dozen AKs. Raiding a base is not ''spoiling the game.'' Rust is not Minecraft - after 2 weeks of wipe i would argue it is more than reasonable to start raiding. More days have past this wipe, than remain.
I will own up to any offline, any raid, and any kill. But i do not grief. Next time you want to insinuate someone is mentally ill, at least have the courtesy to do it to his face. Or alternatively, raid them back. Like you said, the server has an overabundance of resources and very few natural predators after all. There is very little stopping you.

Only 12 days of wipe remain. Tell me, when is it okay to raid a base according to you, if ever?

If i sound annoyed, its because i am.

Oh and one last thing

"and this is because when they spoil houses, they try not to kill the sleeping player, so that it is difficult to identify the enemy."

Umpa killed EVERY person we raided. Every.single.one.
PRZ

Posted by cookier, 25/6-2024 15:23 (#6)

PRZ wrote:
Im sorry, but this is akin to slander. I raided with Umpa, and we did not grief.
Saying: ''They destroy houses where there is no loot," is rather meaningless as one can not see from the outside whether or not there is loot. In my 9000 hours i raided 2x1s where i found rows of rockets, and clan bases that barely had a dozen AKs. Raiding a base is not ''spoiling the game.'' Rust is not Minecraft - after 2 weeks of wipe i would argue it is more than reasonable to start raiding. More days have past this wipe, than remain.
I will own up to any offline, any raid, and any kill. But i do not grief. Next time you want to insinuate someone is mentally ill, at least have the courtesy to do it to his face. Or alternatively, raid them back. Like you said, the server has an overabundance of resources and very few natural predators after all. There is very little stopping you.
Only 12 days of wipe remain. Tell me, when is it okay to raid a base according to you, if ever?
If i sound annoyed, its because i am.
Oh and one last thing
"and this is because when they spoil houses, they try not to kill the sleeping player, so that it is difficult to identify the enemy."
Umpa killed EVERY person we raided. Every.single.one.

Dear PRZ,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your passion for the game and the time you've invested in Rust. However, I think there might be a slight misunderstanding.

While I understand that raiding is a core mechanic of Rust, it's important to consider the context of the server we're playing on. This particular server is chosen by many, including myself, for its low population and the peaceful gameplay it offers. It's a haven for those of us who prefer gathering resources and building without the constant threat of being raided.

Indeed, Rust is not Minecraft, but it also isn't purely a PvP battleground. The beauty of Rust lies in its versatility – it can cater to various playstyles, from intense PvP to relaxed base building. On more populated servers, where competition is fierce and raiding is expected, your approach would be perfectly in line with the server dynamics. However, on a low-population server like ours, it feels more like bullying than gameplay, especially when there's an abundance of resources for everyone.

As for your suggestion to raid back, I believe that would only perpetuate a cycle of aggression that many of us on this server seek to avoid. There are plenty of high-population servers where raiding and counter-raiding are the norm, and where players are prepared for such interactions. Why not take your raiding skills there, where they'll be more appreciated and where the challenge is greater?

Lastly, regarding the identification of raiders, the frustration stems from the deliberate attempts to cause disruption without providing any opportunity for meaningful interaction or defense. It’s not about the loot but about the experience of the game. Raiding empty bases or causing unnecessary destruction diminishes the enjoyment for those who have limited time to play and prefer a more peaceful approach.

I hope you understand my perspective. Rust can accommodate all types of players, and it's all about finding the right server that matches one's playstyle. For those who enjoy raiding, high-population servers offer a more fitting and thrilling environment. Let's keep our low-population server a sanctuary for those who seek a different kind of Rust experience.

Best regards, c00k1er
cookier

Jump to Forum:
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
RUST links
Devblogs
FacePunch
Reddit Rust
Rustafied